Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Trinity UCC Post-East Devotional for Tuesday, April 7, 2015


1 John 4:9-11 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another

Love one another, and by your love they will know me

 by Nancy Boorman

Unbidden Came God’s Love

Unbidden came God’s love,

Not rushing from the skies

As angel, flame or dove

But shining through your eyes

 

At first I did not see

That God was there in you-

Your love was all to me,

Was all I sought and knew.

 

But then as if the sun

Took years and years to dawn

Event’s led one by one

To deeper meanings drawn.

 

Each time you took my hand,

Each time you helped me face

What I could barely stand

God reached to me with grace.

 

Through these plain common things

Rich mysteries I heard:

The fluttering of wings

And God’s incarnate word.

 

By Thomas H. Troger-Borrowed Light

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment