Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Trinity UCC Lenten Devotional for Tuesday, March 3, 2015 Healing

March 3
HEALING

Scripture
 (Luke 6:19 NKJV) And the whole multitude sought to touch Him,
      for power went out from Him and healed them all.

I love this text, I get a strong visual when I read it. I can see in my mind the crowd pressing in on Christ, the arms outstretched, reaching for just a touch. At the moment his garment is touched Christ can feel a portion of power leave him. I imagine he felt a drain of his strength, little by little, as he healed and touched those around him. Have you ever felt that? Have you ever felt your energy leave you?

For our physically, emotional and spiritual healing we need energy, and lots of it. Healing often requires rest, so our body can mend and knit back together what has been torn apart. Until we give ourselves that time to heal we are of no use to anyone, including ourselves. We cannot give what we do not have. Be kind to yourself, allow yourself the time needed to heal from the emotion, the grief, the lost relationship, the illness, the anger, the hate, the overbooked life style you maybe leading. 

Taking time to heal is not selfish, it’s a necessity. Honor that time and seek the Lord as you do.
What in your life may need healing? What have you left torn apart and untended to?
Seek it, it maybe stopping you from living into a healthier life.


Prayer: Lord, in your great wisdom I seek rest. I seek, healing of my body, mind and spirit. Wash over me in such a way that I am cleansed and fully restored. To you be the glory. AMEN.


The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
Rumi


No comments:

Post a Comment