Saturday, February 28, 2015

Trinity UCC Lenten Devotional 2015 Saturday, February 28, 2015 by Joe Kirk


SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 28Th:                                                   Joe Kirk

Scripture:

Psalms 63:2

Glory Of Go

Those Who Sa
Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory.

 
 
Reflection:

To some the thought of cooking a big meal is a nightmare but for me, that is not the case. Cooking for me has been and is my heaven. It brings me peace, joy and love all the same time. It is not just about creating the perfect meal but the memories of learning to cook from the most joyous and happy cook I know and that is my mom. She has been a professional cook for a catering company for more than 45 years and truly enjoyed every minute she cooked and instilled that joy in me. This poem is for her.

Kitchen Harmony

 
 


You taught me to cook at an early age

Long before I wanted to

I decided for my own reasons

Just to be close to you..

 

Time with you was hard to get

Especially with 6 children…

But cooking with you gave us time together

That might have never been

 

To watch you stir was such a joy

Creating with such delight…

I wanted to cook dishes just like you

Because it felt so right…

 

Cooking became my safe place of refuge

Sweet peace and harmony…

Connecting with you and my soul

No better place to me…

 

I have nothing but pure joy within me when I cook

Because you taught me such a joy.

Prayer/Blessing:

To the God of many blessings, I thank you for the people in our lives who instill in us a talent and passion for things that continue to bring us joy. May we never lose that passion and always remember those who taught us and embrace them with Joy, Love and Excitement. In your name we pray.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment