Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Trinity UCC Devotion for February 24, 2015 Sanctuary and refuge

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 24th:                                                       Suzanne Feltner


Scripture:    Psalm 46:10     Be still and know I am God


Prayer:
Thank you, Heavenly Creator, for allowing me a way to focus my mind on you and what you want to think about. Thank you that in times of struggle and trials, I can remember that you are indeed God and to be still and wait for you to show me the way.


'Reflection:

One of the things I find refuge in is knitting. With the hustle and bustle of life, the simple repetition of working with yarn and knitting needles is a great way to help me clear my thoughts, pray, and then let God’s love, mercy, forgiveness and guidance flow over me, much like the yarn flowing through my fingers. As the stitches multiply and the fabric it creates grows, I am able to find peace and a sense of calm, as I am finally able to be still and know God is indeed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment